Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Motown The Musical - A Sneak Peek - SHN Orpheum Theater

I was determined to be on time for the 'sneak peak' of Motown the Musical at the Orpheum Theater yesterday.  From dodging $30 parking lots to backing up quickly to grab the last 'free meter on the street',  "I guess you'd say, what could make me feel this way".....MOTOWN!  As a child, I remember my Dad, who was a professional DJ at the time, had the hundreds of albums that were stacked on racks upon racks in the home, and the most memorable vision were those albums that had the 'blue, red and yellow' label.  More than 2000 people packed the theater in great anticipation of the performance and KBLX's own Nikki Thomas kicked things off with a ton of energy and excitement. She was definately in her Diana Ross moment, big hair and all.

Talk about 'evergreen' music, the stellar performance by the cast members took us down memory lane from singing Dancing In The Streets,  Diana Ross' To Love Again and the Temptations' I've Got Sunshine On A Cloudy Day to the point of a standing ovation. Then to watch the reenactment of Berry Gordy, Jr. and Diana Ross fall in love in Paris was 'butterfly fluttering' and you absolutely felt you were right there with them.


We know music is the bridge for all languages, cultures and even generations and this musical, as Motown Musical Director Charles Randolph Wright said last evening, has come at the right time for this nation.  Motown music inspires, gives hope, manifests dreams and brings back the memory of the Good Times.  Many times we have to be reminded of the simple things in our own lives which are, to so many others, a life of prosperity and abundance.

The San Francisco tour opens August 15th at the SHN Orpheum Theater and the tickets are definitely going to SELL OUT.  Go online and purchase your tickets now or else! And go!

Purchase Tickets








4 comments:

  1. Your articles, artists, and events brings an excitment that I'm looking forward to being a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Motown Sound has gotten me through many tough times .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the "Motown Music Memories" has set a special 'tone' that I can feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the Motown Musical. My sister friends and I are already planning to make it a weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete